MANUKA PRIMARY SCHOOL
pb4l - positive Behaviour for Learning
VISION : Inspiring today's learners for tomorrow's world ...
Positive Behaviour for Learning (PB4L) initiatives help parents, whānau, teachers, early childhood centres and schools address behaviour, improve children’s wellbeing and increase educational achievement.
By strengthening relationships and creating more positive home and school environments we remove barriers to engagement and improve students’ chances to achieve at school and beyond.
PB4L is a long-term, systemic approach.
These include whole-school change initiatives, targeted group programmes and individual student support services. It is also part of a Glenfield Cluster Schools plan, so this means, if your children go to Glenfield Intermediate, and Glenfield College, they will receive the same, consistent approach.
Manuka Primary's PB4L – School Wide plan is to:
- Improve/enhance what we already have in place
- Develop consistent approaches to the way we all respond to behaviours
- Develop a tool box of strategies to respond effectively to behaviours
- Engage students, staff and whanau in the School Wide Initiative
See evidence of improved behaviour and learning.
For more information, please look at the Ministry of Education Website: http://pb4l.tki.org.nz
Positive Behaviour for Learning (PB4L) believes:
- positive behaviour can be learnt and difficult and disruptive behaviour can be unlearnt
- individual children are not a ‘problem’ – we need to change the environment around them to support positive behaviour
- punishing and isolating children doesn’t bring about long-term and sustainable changes in behaviour
- we need to concentrate on a small number of evidence-based programmes and frameworks that we know work
- there are no quick fixes. Behaviour change takes time.